Seven new stores and restaurants in Charlotte SouthPark
Several new retailers, including a restaurant, clothing stores and the regional headquarters of a real estate company, will open by summer in a mixed-use mall in SouthPark.
Seven businesses will join other retailers, including anchor tenant Barnes & Noble in Morrison, at the intersection of Sharon and Colony roads, real estate investment firm Foundry Commercial announced on Wednesday. Businesses are all expected to open by summer.
Demand from specialty retailers and restaurants is growing, Keely Hines, senior vice president of Foundry Commercial, said in a statement. “The focus continues to be on leisure wear, dining, personal services, and home decor and improvement,” Hines said.
Bit By Seoul Food will open at 721 Governor Morrison St.
The Seoul Food Meat Company’s new restaurant in South End and another planned in NoDa will join SouthPark Morrison’s lineup of restaurants which includes Bar Marcel, Firebirds, Sabor, Yama Asian Fusion, Yafo Kitchen and Golden Cow Creamery.
And, Sotheby’s International Realty, a luxury residential real estate brokerage, is opening its 5,200 square foot regional headquarters in Morris.
More tenants in Morrison
The mall’s other new tenants, according to Foundry Commercial, are:
▪ Anne Neilson Fine Art, a Charlotte-based art gallery showcasing a variety of styles and mediums. The gallery has been in the mall for five years but is moving to a new space.
▪ Club Champion, fitter and builder of custom golf clubs.
Demand for golf in the Charlotte area is one of the strongest in the company’s more than 90 markets, David Steele, director of real estate for Club Champion, said in a statement. Another location is at 721 Governor Morrison St. “This expansion opens up more adjustment opportunities and more flexibility for our customers,” Steele said.
▪ Las Olas owner Daniel James said in a statement that he was looking for a location at SouthPark. The Charleston-based swimwear boutique opened its doors two years ago at Atherton Mill in the South End. “We got a lot of feedback that we needed to be at SouthPark,” James said.
▪ Maison by Kim Mauney, furniture, decorative items and design advice.
▪ Naturepedic, organic mattresses and bedding.
Other retailers at Morrison
Here’s what else is in the 130,698 square foot center:
▪ Capitol, Boem, The Reece Boutique and E Martini clothing stores.
▪ Specialty stores are The Winestore and Spice & Tea Exchange.
▪ Service businesses include Salon Lofts, a nail salon, and a dry cleaner.
▪ Interior design and home accessories companies Circa Interiors, BD Jeffries, Anne Neilson Fine Art and Maison by Kim Mauney.
The former 25,200 square foot Earth Fare space is available and can be subdivided, according to Foundry Commercial. The Asheville-based specialty grocer closed the store in September, nearly a year after it reopened.