Project Architect – Interior Architecture – New York, NY, US | Jobs
New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Fri 29 April ’22Posted on:
Snøhetta is an integrated architecture, landscape, interior, product design and graphic design firm based in Oslo, New York, Innsbruck, Paris, Adelaide, Hong Kong and San Francisco. US offices work on architectural, interior and landscape architecture projects associated with libraries, performance spaces, master plans, universities, waterfronts, parks planning, urban redevelopments and public squares across the Americas.
Snøhetta is looking for an Interior Designer/Interior Architect (PA) project who is committed to creating and developing exemplary interior design and architecture from concept to completion. execution.
ABOUT THE JOB:
PA works on project teams to drive the success of projects, tasks, and initiatives. This is an intermediate position at Snøhetta in which an individual has an increased level of responsibility for the design, delivery and management of the project. They lead and mentor designers or interns who are part of their project team(s). Over time, the PA will lead more independently and develop advanced design and project coordination skills.
The PA is exposed to a variety of working methods focused on the following fundamental actions:
- Thought: generation of design content through various mediums
- Stock: production of drawings, presentations and general design production tasks
- Interaction : participation and leadership in meetings, project discussions and studio life
Depending on an applicant’s experience, background, and licensing status, they will be recognized as an Interior Designer/Project Architect or Senior Project Designer/Interior Architect.
How will you do the job:
The PA plays a key role in moving a project forward, leading an internal team, coordinating with consultants, and developing all agreed-upon items in the contract. Below are some of the ways you will do your job.
- Organize the design, coordination and documentation process for the design team and its interface with the consulting team.
- Create and organize design development for the design team within the established project direction that has been formulated through the lead partner and project manager.
- Lead coordination efforts with project consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers and manufacturers
- Lead the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, amenities (FF&E), color palettes and lighting
- Generate finishing plans, specifications and selections of materials needed for construction
- Provide design and documentation support during the completion and execution of design concepts
- Contribute to the project delivery process and drive development forward by assisting the team and project manager in multiple ways.
- Assist in planning, budgeting and overseeing project team work assignments
- Draft and assist with project correspondence. Responsible for daily correspondence with the Owner’s consultants and daily manager(s).
- You are an emerging leader at Snøhetta and demonstrate reliability, candor, self-awareness and humility
- Continuously refine and improve your communication style and know how to adapt it to your audience. Develop your emotional intelligence to better collaborate and connect with others.
- Support the professional development of others through on-the-job teaching and mentoring
- Maintain professional curiosity and proactively educate yourself about your role and industry.
- Prioritize and delegate work based on project needs or Snøhetta initiatives
- Hold yourself and your team accountable to ensure project deadlines and deliverables are met
All positions at Snøhetta, regardless of level or discipline, are based on the expectation that an individual will be a good corporate citizen who contributes to a positive and inclusive organizational culture.
We build trust and prioritize team success over an individual program. We are accountable for our work and actions, respectful of others, and engage in healthy debate. We are committed to doing good work and being attentive to results. We recognize that we work in a changing industry and that we adapt to change and participate in meaningful ways. We accept mentorship from others, informally or formally, and use it as an opportunity for growth.
About your experience:
- Professional degree in architecture
- An intermediate level with a range of 5 to 10 years of professional experience in architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe CS, MS Office Suite, Slack, Zoom
- Exceptional design sensitivity, talent and rigor
- Previous experience in all phases of design
- Solid knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections and specifications
- Experience delivering projects through engineering design preferred
- Ability to demonstrate project and team management skills
- Experience working with a range of consultants and large project teams including landscape, civil, electrical, traffic and structural engineers
- Experience with an academic and/or performance space is highly valued
About our process:
All applications are reviewed by an interdisciplinary team to see if your work, background and material matches our current needs. Human Resources will contact you if there is interest in your application. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to applicants individually.
- Please submit your application to our resume database
- We review applications continuously. Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or emails please