Interior Design Manager – Portland, OR, US | Works
Works Progress Architecture has become one of the few truly progressive architectural design studios with offices in Portland, OR and Los Angeles. Founded in early 2005 by Portland principal Carrie Strickland, W.PA established a design approach rooted in clear concept diagrams applied to a wide range of project scales. W.PA strives to bring thoughtful engagement to every project and maintains staff who contribute in this way. The studio is fast and collaborative with tight deadlines and tight budgets and maintains a high level of design quality.
W.PA seeks candidates for Interior Design Manager positions with a minimum of 8 years of professional and design-related industry experience. We are looking to fill the position in our Los Angeles office in the Arts District or in the main Portland office located in the Central Eastside. Positions will be filled as soon as possible. The position will work closely with architectural teams on a variety of project types including residential, hospitality, commercial and event venues to guide interior environment and materiality.
- Possess a personal interest and understanding of the design process.
- Have the belief that the entire project schedule, from conception to delivery, is the design process.
- Be a self-motivated individual with the ability to prioritize and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and communicate clearly.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Be resourceful and able to work to deadlines.
- Have an ability to interpret and convey design studies and concepts.
- Master AutoCAD, REVIT, MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and V-ray. Revit experience is a plus.
- Have experience working with construction documents, details and working productively with a team and/or individually.
- Get along with others, have a good sense of humor and have the maturity to receive constructive criticism during the creative process.
- Experience with multi-family and adaptive reuse, IT or basic commerce is preferred.
This is a full-time position with a salary commensurate with experience and studio structure.
Email PDF CVs and work samples in PDF format (no larger than 6MB) to
Back to task list…